Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day

President Woodrow Wilson, on the celebration of the first Armistice Day, later to be known as Veterans Day, November 11, 1919: "To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country’s service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations…"

We can so easily forget all that those in the military have done and continue to do for us. I am always amazed at the heroism, valor, and sacrifice that so many men and women and their families are willing to make to serve, protect, and defend our country. I pray for peace and strength for these families. I am also humbled that my name partly comes from my great uncle, who fought and died at the age of 18 in the Korean War. In tribute to all who serve our country, I honor and remember him today:

PFC Jack Dean Crouch
Born: February 2, 1932
KIA in Korea: August 15, 1950

1 comment:

Charlie Goodyear said...

Thank you for your rememberance.