Thursday, June 26, 2008

2nd Annual Father's Day Camp Out


One of my favorite traditions in our family is our Father's Day Campout. This was the second year to do this, and this year, Claire joined us over night in the tent. I didn't realize it until the next day, but the night of the campout was the hottest day of the year - 101 recorded at DFW that day. And while it was a bit warm in the tent, it didn't matter. After cooking hot dogs and roasting marshmallows, Grant, Claire, and I climbed into the tent with about 10 books and 2 flashlights. We read books, sang songs, laughed, got in and out of the tent a billion times, and then finally went to sleep. The next morning, I asked them what their favorite part of the campout was. Their answer: "Hot dogs and acting silly in the tent." I love these moments with my family - all the sweat in a tent on the evening of the hottest day of the year is worth it to see how happy they were to spend the evening camping with Daddy. Can't wait until next year.

No comments: