Thursday, July 24, 2008

Good Advice

This is a random assortment of advice given to me over the years. While most of this advice was given to me as a minister, I think it fits well with whatever profession one is involved. Here are a few sayings that have stuck with me (I am giving credit to the one who gave me the advice):

"To be on time is to be late; to be early is to be on time." - John Hume

"When I'm talking and you're talking - nobody's listening!" - Randy Hall

On Revelation: "I'm not on the planning committee; I'm on the preparation committee." - Dr. Dominy

On tough theological issues that no one really knows the answer to: "I reserve my right to change my mind when I get to heaven." - Dr. Dominy

On hospital visits: "Be brief, be bright, be gone." - Pappaw

"Don't be so heavenly bound that you're no earthly good." - Dr. Wade

"Babylonians 4:12 - No one can please anyone all the time." - Dr. Winfred Moore

"Don't hug anyone over 7 or under 70." - Dr. Winfred Moore

And my favorite:

"Keep your hands of the women and off the money - and tell the truth." - Dr. Wade

No comments: