Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Claire Bear

What!? You're 4? How can this be?
It seems like only yesterday, you were turning 3?
These years, they're flying by too fast.
If I'm not careful, your whole childhood will be in the past.
So I ask if you will skip your birthday and stay 3-
You smile and laugh at me and think I'm being silly-
You say, "I want to grow up, daddy, and turn 4."
I'll just have to cherish each day more and more,
So let's read, let's ride bikes, let's paint everything pink
I'll even let you play all you want with your toothbrush in the sink.
I want you to know no matter what I'll always be there,
Because I love you so much my beautiful Claire Bear!

Happy Birthday

2 comments:

Holly said...

What a great poet you are! Love this poem to the Birthday girl! That sure is a precious 4 year old you have! :)

D said...

Oh my what a sweet poem!

Happy Birthday sweet Claire!