Thursday, September 06, 2007

Star Blazers intro (english)

Of every show I ever watched as a kid, or even as an adult, no show has ever captivated my mind as much as Star Blazers. It haunted me as I watched it. Each episode ended with a countdown to the end of the world. I remember being a little upset by this and thinking we really only had a 100 or so days of existence left. I remember my mom calming my nerves on this.

The ship always fascinated me too. But as an adult, I could not remember the name of the show or anything about it. One night, at a college Bible study in Tampa, I somehow got off on a tangent with this memory. The next day, one of the college guys had found the information for me. In addition, the local library had the entire series on video tape. So I checked them out and re-watched the entire series. Loved it. And of all the theme songs in the world, this one will definitely stay in your head.

1 comment:

Ben said...

I almost forgot another one from my childhood. He-Man. How could I possibly leave that off the list?