Wednesday, August 29, 2007

July 4th - A Little Late

Almost three months ago, my sister-in-law had her annual July 4th party. (I would have posted this earlier, but I just got a copy of the picture.) Each year, prizes are given for "best tasting," "most patriotic," "best presentation," "best side dish," and "most original." I always go for the most original and am now 3 for 3. My first cake was the face of Saddam Hussein. A round, red velvet cake with caramel icing, black icing for the hair, google eyes, glasses, nose and mustache from Party City, twizzlers for the lips, and a big cigar. I especially liked the fact that when you cut into his face, red velvet was revealed. It tasted terrible, but I wasn't going for that. I was going for most original - and I won.

Last year, Grant and I entered an air conditioner cake. I posted about it here. Again, we won Most Original.

This year, I was having trouble with an entry. My first idea, making web worms, was a disaster, and so I was scrambling to come up with something. Claire's Barbie doll and a little black licorice and about an hour later, I came up with "Paris Hilton in Prison." Here it is:

(By the way, that was her actual prison number.) Thanks, Paris, for helping me win my third in a row.

2 comments:

D said...

Hilarious! So smart...

Ben said...

cool cake. maybe next year you can do a mike vick cake.

i posted another blog. i'll try and post more often.