Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Camping

On Father's Day eve, Grant and I started a new tradition of camping out in our backyard. We set up the tent, built a fire in an enclosed fire grill, got our coat hangers ready, and cooked hot dogs and roasted marshmallows. Then, as the sun went down, we crawled into the tent, read a book together, and went to sleep. Of course, it took a while to go to sleep. Grant began asking about a thousand questions, of which I knew only about half the answers, but I tried to answer them all. I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of rain, but we stayed dry inside the tent. We were also bug free, which was a plus. It was one of the most fun nights of my life - even thinking about it now makes my heart fill with joy. Grant had such a fun time that he thinks we should camp out every Saturday, only he wants to get a bigger tent so the whole family can camp out too. He was concerned that Claire would be sad that she wasn't camping with us. Anyway, a new tradition began - I can't wait until next year!


No comments: