Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Price of the Vision

I read something today out of Oswald Chambers' My Utmost For His Highest that made me stop in my tracks and re-read:

My vision of God is dependent upon the condition of my character. My character determines whether or not truth can even be revealed to me. Before I can say, 'I saw the Lord,' there must be something in my character that conforms to the likeness of God. Until I am born again and really begin to see the kingdom of God, I only see from the perspective of my own biases. What I need is God's surgical procedure - His use of external circumstances to bring about internal purification.
Your priorities must be God first, God second, and God third, until your life is continually face to face with God and no one else is taken into account whatsoever. Your prayer will then be, 'In all the world there is no one but You, dear God; there is no one but You.'"

May my character be such that I can discern what God desires, so that I can be the husband, father, son, brother, friend, minister, student, professor, package handler, and neighbor that God created me to be. What's best for all those I come in contact with is for me to be so connected to Christ that it is His voice I hear and His voice I follow, not my own ambitions or desires, but His.

No comments: